Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My First Week in the UK!


I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!!! I started my semester at the University of Sunderland in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, U.K.

Somehow, the trip ended up being way more simple than I thought it was going to be. A lot of people are intimidate by international travel, and 14 hours in the air is NO JOKE, but  people are very helpful and really are not as hard to understand as you might think.
The coolest part of travelling internationally, though, is DEFINITELY the people! Everywhere I went people from all over the world were super friendly and I was lucky enough to hear all their stories :)

Other than that, some funny and quirky things thus far about England: QUEUES ARE SO SERIOUS. In order to get in line, everyone stands exactly in line with a serious face. They are silent. You do not leave the queue and come back....people get really angry! Also, people are competitive and very thoughtful about WHICH queue they get into-they are debating the entire time about which line to stand in in order to get through quickly. Haha...I have never seen people so serious about something that I normally don't even think about.
 Also, everyone says cheers, and in a lot of stores you can pull your cute little plastic basket of stuff behind you on wheels! So handy dandy.

I have met so many amazing people in the past few days and I have loved every minute of it! Everyone has been so incredibly friendly and lovely :D All of us students are from all over the world, and we've all gone out together every night and had a great time. Sunderland has a great night scene, and it's ADORABLE during the day!! Very quaint :) The picture directly below is the Winter Gardens (free and pretty)

the beach is cold but absolutely beautiful and a lot of fun! So it's worth checking out. (see below).




ps- it rains and it's sunny at the same time. WHAT IS THIS? Bring an umbrella and sunglasses everywhere you go if you come here!

No comments:

Post a Comment